making Keepass to work in Mac
Following methods were tried. (on yosemite)
As explained in our KeePass website, using mono and latest portable installer files.
- download the latest mono and xquartz for mac available in their latest versions in their websites
- download the latest portable keepass files, unzip it
- open the terminal and type ‘mono keepass.exe’ without quotes, (better drag the executable file keepass.exe from the unzipped folder which will map the path of the file to execute)
This runs the keepass 2 applcation well.
Another very good method using wine bottler and bundling keepass with .net
- Open up the wine bottler app,
- use the keepass 2.exe file, and
- bundle it with .Net 4.0 (if you need only the keepass app to run 2.0 is enough; 4.0 is the best for all plugins- all others were not working as I expected)
- bundle with wine app (optional to make it a standalone mac app which can be used or shared with others and run without installing the wine app)
- It takes a few minutes, and go through the steps patiently till the end(don’t forget to uncheck restart after .Net installation or uncheck run keepass after app installation)
- A heavily bundled mac app will be generated at the end amounting to a very good size